Flymaster NAV SD
Engineered for maximum performance
The NAV SD is designed for the competition pilot, having all the bells and whistles fly comps fast and effectively but without the Live tracking functions.
Don't get caught in airspace
With Flymasters 3D airspace warning system you will have ample information to navigate around restriced airspace zones.
Design your own instrument
Need more or less data on your flight screens, with Flymasters' unique Designer you can create the instrument you like and need for your style of flying.
Flymasters' unique thermal ball will help you find the thermal core quicker and the zero buzzer make sure don't fly past lift.
You can use GPSDUMP, or any other compatible tool, for Flight Sharing. Just connect your GPS SD to your MAC / PC (windows) and with a few clicks you can download and share your flights, in several well known databases like Xcontest, Leonardo, or DHV.
The NAV SD has a built in low power wireless interface for connecting compatible accessories. The list of Flymaster wireless accessories is the most complete on the market. Already available for the NAV SD are the HEART-G, TAS and M1.
The Flymaster NAV SD implements an easy intuitive menu driven system with no need to memorise multiple functions on keys with long key presses.
Main Hardware Characteristics
Display Resolution (High Contrast Grey Scale) 320x240 pixels Screen size (true viewing area) 76x57 mm Battery Capacity (Lithium-Ion) 2900 mAh Autonomy > 30 hours Size 155x92x24 mm (Length x Width x Thickness) Weight 212 gr GPS 50 channels/4hz RF Interface Allows the wireless connection of several external probes, like HEART-G or TAS probe, simultaneously. Native USB Connection Allows connection to the PC to download/upload Flight Data, Airspaces Data, etc Battery Charging From wall adapter, car adapter or standard usb port Micro SD slot Up to 32 GB (pre-loaded with airspace and ground data) (available soon) 6 Axis accelerometer and magnetometer Allows 6-degrees of freedom Tilt-compensated Compass (available soon)
Firmware update by USB (upgrades are free
User definable pages (each page can be draw using designer software, and include a number of elements only limited by space). 16 Configurable graphical elements (depending of the element several parameters can be set by the user ex. Size, Border, …) 12 Configurable data field elements (User can change size, border, title, Font, ...) 84 Page Trigger Events (page switches automatically if a specific event occurs)
- Airspace warning
- Entering thermal
- Transition (leaving thermal)
- Arriving at turnpoint
- Start opened
- Power up
Multi lingual interface
Configurable audible alerts
- Turnpoint complete
- Start Open
- Goal Possible
Definable function keys
- Set Altimeter
- Reset Altimeter 2
- Task Navigator
- Skip Waypoint
- Set Volume
- Near Airfields
- Switch Page
- Page Browser
- Buzzer/near thermal sound.
- Ultra sensitive Variometer with 10 readings per second and 10 cm resolution.
- Configurable vario digital filter and integration values.
- Fully configurable Vario Sound (frequency, increments, frequency/vertical speed relation,….).
- 6 Sound Levels (configurable by menu, or using a key).
- Automatic mute, keeps vario silent until takeoff.
- Altitude adjustment using QNH.
- Automatic altitude adjustment from GPS.
- 3 independent altimeters.
- 3D flight logger IGC format.
- Storage for >300000 track points.
- Up to 248 flights.
- 448 Waypoints.
- Compatibility with Open Air format (upload of files using Designer).
- Display of restricted areas in map.
- Adjustable warning vertical distance to a restriced area.
- Adjustable warning horizontal distance to a restriced area.
- Display of shortest Vertical, and Horizontal, distance to restricted area.
- Resctrited area alarms (Altitude imminent, Position imminent, Violation, …).
- Critical Airspace page (displays information about areas that are closer than a defined distance).
Worldwide Airspace database (SD card required)
Cross Country Features
- Exclusive Thermal Ball indicator.
- Several specific data fileds like Distance to take off, current and avarage glide ratio, avarage speed, etc.
- Distance to last thermal indexed with altitude.
- Goto waypoint.
- Multiple waypoint route.
- Wind Speed and Direction (GPS based calculations).
- Automatic altitude gain profiler.
- McCready related values like speed to fly, next termal climb, etc. (available with the TASProbe).
- Nearby Landings (Displays Required Glide Ratio and distance to all the Landings which can be reached).
- Route Optimization (indication for shortest route point).
- Speed to Start (optimal speed to make the start).
- Arriving altitude at next waypoint and goal (considering wind).
- Several Glides Ratios (to goal, average, to next,…).
- Easy task definition.
- Task Navigation, configurable safety/risk margin on turn points..
- Task Map (trace with thermal indication).
- Conical End of Speed Section.
- Compatible with MacOSX (1.6 and higher), Windows (vista/7/8)
Watch the videos!
How to register a Flymaster LIVE
Flymaster tutorial - Thermal core map
Flymaster Designer demo
Flymaster Triangle Assistant