Operating Limitations for P2 Novice Paragliding Pilots
- Maximum base wind of 12 MPH
- Maximum peak gusts to 15 MPH
- Maximum gust rate of 5 MPH in 5 seconds.
- Should not fly in thermal lift where peak climb rates exceed 200 FPM.
- If foot launching, should launch only on slopes steeper than 4:1, where the wind is within 25º of being straight up the slope.
- If tow launching in winds in excess of 3 mph, should only launch where the wind is within 25º of being straight along the tow-line.
- Visual contact with the landing zone.
- Avoid application of either brake beyond 2/3 of the way from slack to stall position.
- Limit turns to 30º of bank, limit speed in turns to 1.5 times the straight line, breaks off, cruise speed, and smoothly exit any spiral turn which shows a tendency to steepen or accelerate.
- Should fly a canopy recommended by the manufacturer as suitable for Beginner to Intermediate rated pilots.
Should exceed these limitations only after thoroughly mastering all required tasks, and after acquiring a full understanding of the potential problems and dangers involved in exceeding these limitations.